Sonic restaurants located across Tennessee and Georgia trust ICU Security Systems to protect and improve their restaurants. The owners have told us that installing the cameras has allowed them to feel more confident when they’re not at the store. They still have control even when they’re not there.
Various owners have said that the cameras have helped eliminate horseplay on the night shift and encouraged better work habits and cooperation among the employees. The recorded audio has also helped owners to improve suggestive selling and customer service.
Listed below are just a few of the things Sonic owners have “caught” on camera:
- A carhop added a $100 tip to a credit card transaction which was recorded and the employee was terminated.
- A semi-truck damaged some landscaping while pulling out of the restaurant. The incident was recorded on the surveillance system and the diver of the vehicle was liable for the damages.An employee left the store, and went out the back door to steal a purse from another employees car. The employee was caught on tape while walking with the purse from one car to another.
- A carhop’s money bag was stolen; the incident was digitally recorded. Police were able to attain a good description of the vehicle and five minutes later the authorities caught the suspect and returned the money to the store.
- An employee kicked another employee causing the employee to fall. The video footage that documented the fall was saved and stored on the hard drive in case the employee sought compensation for the injury. The employees know they were recorded “horsing around” on camera and therefore the cameras prevented an invalid injury claim.
- A break-in at a neighboring business was caught with Sonic’s back door camera. Evidence was transferred to CD and given to the neighboring owner for authorities.
We have a very unique vacation rental property that has a large outbuilding that houses a 50’s diner and huge game room. Additionally, there is a pool. We installed a security system to monitor the property, the parking area, the pool, and the inside of the game room and 50’s diner. A phone app allows us to monitor the property remotely.
Recently, the antique skee ball game in the game room quit working during a guest’s stay. We were certain that the children of our guests must have done something to damage it. But the surveillance footage from the cameras in the game room showed the kids playing with the game “normally” – that is, not being wild or destructive. Although we were not happy that the game had “died,” we were really happy to know that our guests were not to blame.
L. Johnson, Owner
I installed ICU Security Surveillance systems in 4 of my Precision Auto Tune franchises in Atlanta Georgia. Shortly after completing the installations, my general manager was monitoring three stores live, remotely.
He observed an employee servicing a vehicle behind one of the stores and saw that the employee was attempting to steal Freon. He also could see that the store manager was taking care of a customer in the front of the store and obviously was unaware of what was happening in the back of the store.
The general manager called the store manager and alerted him about what was going on. The store manager was able to interrupt the actions of the employee and stop the theft. I couldn’t be happier!
Bill Pittman, Franchise Owner
First Cumberland Properties is a full service investment real estate broker, developer, owner and management company specializing in multifamily properties. I had the privilege of meeting Ryan and the ICU team many times in the past year with the installation of cameras at our apartment complexes. The staff is very knowledgeable and took time to understand our needs. The system is amazing and I love that you can pull it up with the phone. I would recommend ICU to everyone!